1. If you are a Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers employee you must adhere to the Employee Social Media Guidelines post in the Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ employee manual. Failure to comply with these policies and procedures may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site.
3. You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information including patient images on any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers ‘Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers physicians or to use the Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers
4. As a guest posting content to any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
5. Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers sole discretion. You understand and agree that Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers disclose your communications and activities with Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers. You agree that in the event that Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers will have no liability to you.
6. By posting any content on any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site, you grant to Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers purpose.
7. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
8. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. VIRGINIA NEUROLOGY & SLEEP CENTERS DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, VIRGINIA NEUROLOGY & SLEEP CENTERS DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, VIRGINIA NEUROLOGY & SLEEP CENTERS’DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE VIRGINIA NEUROLOGY & SLEEP CENTERS SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
9. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in the city of Norfolk, Virginia.
10. You may not provide any content to a Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A VIRGINIA NEUROLOGY & SLEEP CENTERS’SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, Virginia Neurology & Sleep Centers’ suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
I just want to thank Dr. AJ Barot for all he did for me. I was misdiagnosed with narcolepsy by another provider (pulmonologist) after two consecutive sleep studies that showed significant snoring and treated with Xyrem. The provider and sleep labs I went to previously did not take into account the medications I was taking that were known to effect sleep studies and did not account for other types of sleep disordered breathing events. I remember the first visit I had with Dr. Barot and he told me it was HIGHLY unlikely I had narcolepsy and he ordered the proper workup. I was properly diagnosed with sleep apnea and started on CPAP treatment. The CPAP treatment made the migraines I was having disappear and I have not had one in YEARS. At one time I was taking so many medications for migraines, mental health, and sleep disorders that it was almost like I had a pharmacy in my house. I believe Dr. Barot saved my life because if I would have continued on Xyrem I probably would have stopped breathing in my sleep or had significant organ issues. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr. AJ Barot!T. Corley
Since being treated for my sleep apnea at Virginia Neurology & Sleep Center by the wonderful staff, nurses, and by Dr. Barot I have had a life changing experience. Dr. Barot went above and beyond in treating me. He was professional, thorough but most of all caring and compassionate. All my questions were answered and my treatment was dealt with with the utmost care and respect. Dr. Barot could not have been nicer. His warm friendly staff treat you like family and his nurses and support staff are all the kind of folks that you look forward to seeing at every visit. I could not recommend a better doctor. Thanks to Dr. Barot I am feeling great and sleep better than I have in yearsCharlie W.
I am one of your patients and recently my C-pap malfunctioned and did not work. I was just returning from a business trip and headed out on a family vacation. I was in need of an immediate replacement machine. Your employee Tyler was outstanding!! He went the extra mile and made sure I was helped. He even co-ordinated everything with Optigen. I can’t thank him enough. Thank you for the great care and for having a great team.Michael D.
Dr. N.A. Barot has been treating me for Sleep Apnea for over a year. Dr. Barot is a physician who cares about his patients. He always answers your questions and if there is something new that might improve your condition, such as a different type of mask, he will let you know about it. Prior to becoming a patient of his, I went to a Sleep Disorders Clinic for over ten years. I was nothing more to them than a number. During the time I have been a patient of Dr. Barot my sleep apnea has improved due to his care and knowledge.
The world needs more doctors like Dr. Barot; he is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I give him my highest recommendation. He makes sure that you get the care you deserve. We need more doctors like him.Barry S.